Monthly Meetings & CE
MBDDS Calendar for 2023–2024
See details below for our upcoming meeting.
Tuesday, Oct. 10, 2023
6:00–6:45 PM Social Hour
6:45 PM Dinner served
7:00 PM Meeting + CE
Learn about financial freedom for dentists, including many tax-saving retirement strategies benefitting dentists.
Attendees will learn how to do the following from attending this presentation:
1. Introduction (10 minutes): To make this presentation relatable and engaging we will review the following introductory material:
· Introduction to Speaker(s) and Financial Freedom for Dentists
· Dentists vs. Average American Retirement Age
· Introduction to Fictional Dentist who we will apply Presentation Information to
2. Identify Tax-Saving Retirement Strategies Beneficial to Dentists (30 minutes): There are many tax-saving strategies associated with retirement savings that can work well for dentists. We will discuss the details of each of the following strategies:
· Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
· Roth Individual Retirement Accounts (Roth IRAs)
· Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
· SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan
· Safe Harbor 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Safe Harbor 401(k) Profit-Sharing Retirement Plan
· Cash Balance Retirement Plan
· Backdoor Roth IRA
At the end of this section, we will have an engaging Kahoot! Competition to help attendees remember what they learned in a fun way.
3. Identify and Work with a Fiduciary (5 minutes): Many people call themselves financial advisors, but not all of them put the client’s interest first. We will discuss how dentists can identify financial advisors who are committed to put the client’s interest before their own. This includes a discussion of the following topics:
· Financial Advisor Compensation
· Suitability versus Fiduciary Standard
· Certified Financial PlannerTM Designation
1 CE Credit Hour
AGD Subject Code: 550
Creating a secure plan for his own family is what originally led Loyd to look into financial planning as a career in college. “My initial anxiety turned into a passion for helping individuals and families align their wealth to achieve their most important life goals.” After completing a Business Finance degree and and investment management internship, Loyd set his sights on working as a financial advisor with Financial Freedom for Dentists. His career path began with helping in client meetings, to becoming a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM practitioner, and now working as an Associate Financial Advisor. Beyond helping clients, Loyd continues to sharpen his skills, recently receiving his Chartered Retirement Plan Counselor TM designation. “I am privileged to be surrounded by co-workers who share that same passion for comprehensive financial planning." Outside of work, Loyd is currently enrolled in a Masters in Personal Financial Planning program and is an avid sports enthusiast who loves spending time with his wife Katie and their two children.
Nate’s passion is helping dentists use their “finances as a resource to help them achieve their life goals.” Nate became a Certified Financial Planner(TM) practitioner in 1999, and joined a national firm as a fee-only financial planner, eventually directing branch offices in Charlotte and Seattle. He received a Master's Degree from the College for Financial Planning and is a NAPFA Registered Financial Advisor, the country's leading association of Fee-Only financial advisors. For over 2 decades he has helped hundreds of dentists from all across the country with investment management or financial planning needs. Nate founded Financial Freedom for Dentists, now an SEC Investment Advisory firm, to provide comprehensive financial planning advice with academically validated investment strategies. Nate has spoken at several dental societies and other groups of dentists in the Pacific Northwest. He lives near the mountains just east of Seattle since 2005 where he loves spending time with his wife of 30 years and 5 children in the beautiful outdoors.