2021–2022 Continuing Dental Education Events
Watch for Fall Event Listing, Coming Soon
Jan. 12, 2021
Lecturer: Paul Halgren, DDS, MSD
Topic: Orthodontics Assists Restorative Obstacles in All Ages
AGD Subject Code: 370
1. To inform the restorative dentist that young patients with large overjet are at a greater risk of trauma to front teeth and to recognize these young patients. The young patients should be evaluated for orthodontic treatment considerations.
2. To inform the restorative dentist, with supporting literature, that canine protected occlusion is the favored final occlusion, over group-function occlusion.
3. To inform the restorative dentist and discuss orthodontic treatment goals in patients suffering from worn anterior teeth.
4. To inform the restorative dentist and discuss that fixed braces treatment and removable aligner treatment can be effective treatment modalities from worn dentition and the best appliance for the case must be selected.
Feb. 9, 2021
Lecturer: Sara Hornsby, RDH
Topic: Introduction to Myofunctional Therapy
AGD Subject Code: 750
1. Gain an introductory understanding of the field of myofunctional therapy.
2. Be able to identify orofacial myofunctional symptoms.
3. Know the four goals of myofunctional therapy.
4. Know how myofunctional therapy symptoms connect to the airway, sleep, breathing, TMD, and many other aspects of dentistry.
5. Be familiar with the latest research supporting myofunctional therapy.
March 9, 2021
Lecturer: Dana Buglione, DMD, MSD
Topic: Contemporary Restorative Materials: Best Practices and Suggested Uses
AGD Subject Code: 250
1. Explain the basic overall structure and relevant properties of common restorative materials: "What actually is ___?"
2. For a given clinical scenario, identify which physical properties are needed, and match material choice accordingly: "When do I use ___?"
3. Explain the sequence of preparing and delivering the restoration to maximize esthetics and longevity: "How do I use ___?"
April 13, 2021
Lecturer: Cameron L. Randall, PhD
Topic: Understanding, Assessing, and Managing Dental Fear and Phobia
AGD Subject Code: 153
1. Articulate the prevalence and consequences of dental care-related fear.
2. Describe the causes of and psychological processes involved in dental care-related fear.
3. Apply key conceptual issues to understand individualized experience of dental care-related fear.
4. Select and use validated methods to assess dental care-related fear.
5. Apply evidence-based, person-centered strategies for managing dental care-related fear.
May 11, 2021
Lecturer: Richard M. Simcock, DDS
Topic: The Future of Endodontics
AGD Subject Code: 070
Learn about the paradigm shift that is occurring in endodontics right now—and what the future might hold. Interesting case presentations included.
Participants will gain an up-to-date understanding of the--
- Science, and
- Clinical applications in utilizing CBCT and GentleWave technology.